Florican Purse - Ajrakh
You Save: Rs. 500.00 (25%)
- Artistic and a mix of contemporary silhouette and modern design
- Intricately handcrafted by experienced Kolkata artisans
- Designed to be stylish, functional and easy on the planet
- Made with Water Resistant Sustainable Fabrics and Cotton interlinings
- Completely vegan, plastic-free, leather-free and animal cruelty-free
- A mid compartment that the purse opens into and a zip pocket for small things
- Would hold 500 ml bottle, wallet, sanitizer, an A5 notebook, some stationery, make-up essentials, zero waste essentials
Why does it matter?More than 1 billion animals are killed for leather use in fashion every year. - PETA
The leather trade in India is one of the biggest in the world, where cows are marched to slaughter while suffering abuse and unbearable pain.
READ THAT AGAIN!
Do you want to be a part of that? Or do you want to change?
Ethnic. Casual. Looks great on both
Florican Purse - Ajrakh is designed in a way to compliment both your casual outings. Carry it everyday and use it on festive occasions with ethnic dresses.
It compliments them both!
Artistic. Vegan. Sustainable.
Florican Purse is made with plastic-free PU Leather and animal cruelty free leather. Now, leave behind the guilt of carrying a purse made from leather or PU leather and hold only love and happiness close to yourself.
Sustainably crafted with love
Florican Purse is beautifully handcrafted by one of our senior artisans with finesse and love. It has that beautiful dash of Ajrakh print on top and smoothly designed strap.
India manufactures purses for the biggest brands in the world! Then why not enough appreciation for Indian Craftsmanship. We take tons of pride in having experienced mastrejis handcraft each piece with love, years of experience and hope!
A purse that can contain a bottle, a long wallet, a small notebook, zero waste essential kits and still have space to go?
Oh, yes. Florican Purse does just that.
Spacious. Stylish. Sustainable.
Named after Bengal Florican
The Bengal florican, also called Bengal bustard, is a bustard species native to the Indian subcontinent, Cambodia, and Vietnam. It is listed as Critically Endangered on the IUCN Red List because fewer than 1,000 individuals were estimated to be alive as of 2017.
We have named it after the bustard to remind you of our co-existence and love for animals and birds.
We offer 1 year warranty on all our products for manufacturing defects and hardware. We can guarantee that your products are made for longevity and last for much longer.
Little care will do a lot in your products lasting for long.
For cleaning canvas or cork products:
- Do not wash your bags in washing machine or in a bucket. If stained or dirty, gently dab a piece of cloth in cold water and rub gently on the bag stain. You may use a little bit of gentle liquid soap. Allow it to dry naturally and away from direct sunlight.
- Do not store your bag directly if wet, let it dry off completely before storing
Storing your product when not in use:
- It would be best to store your canvas or cork products in a dust bag and out of direct sunlight. Use silica gels or any other dehumidifiers before storing . Occasionally take it out of your closet and sun dry for 5-10 min
Aging of your product:
- Over a long period of time, like any other natural skin such as leather, cork or canvas might turn darker, we believe this adds a beautiful patina and vintage look to the product’s beauty.
We plant 5 trees per product sold. It is our way to give back to our planet together with you.
Today, we have already started to feel the impacts of climate change. We want to inspire this generation to be the ones who make a positive impact as much as we all can.
Planting the right trees at the right places has a huge positive impact on the planet. We are planting thousands of trees with our customers. Are you with us?
We package completely plastic-free from Day 1. Our packaging isn't just plastic-free but made from recycled materials as much and can be totally composted simply at home.
SUSTAINABLE RAW MATERIALS
We use natural fabrics and sustainable alternatives of plastic based or synthetic elements, which are not bio-degradable and their production are chemically laden. No material is added without looking at the impact it has on the planet.
MATERIAL USED FOR CARRY PRODUCTS
Our bags are made of earth friendly sustainable material. Our list of raw highly curated materials include:
- Waxed canvas which is a vegan, water-resistant natural fabric used in military bags for centuries now
- Cotton Interlinings
- Cotton Webbings
- Antique Brass Metal Hardware
- World's Best Fastening YKK Chains
- Canvas Highlights
- Cork/Printed Cork
Though our carry products are made with natural fabric, they offer great functionality, are extremely sturdy and are water-resistant.
MATERIAL USED FOR LIFESTYLE PRODUCTS
Our lifestyle products are made of upcycled, recycled and earth friendly sustainable material. Our list of raw highly curated materials include:
- Upcycled Coconut Shells
- Easily Biodegradable Bamboo
- Sustainable Fabric such as Jute and Cotton
- Seeded Paper
- Recycled Paper
- Soy Wax
- Upcycled Flowers